Safety features of a car play an essential role in its sales, whether buying an SUV for adventure rides or for family, latest safety features are a must now. Every car buyer wants to own a vehicle now that has advanced safety features, good looks and perform well on the UAE roads and off-road as well. As the automotive market is flourishing, many car brands have introduced SUVs laced with cutting-edge safety technologies that not only make your rides safe but also provide driver’s assistance if needed.
SUVs are considered as the most desirable vehicle to ride in the city and off-road in the UAE, due to their comfort, performance and spacious interiors. Also, many SUVs are famous for their higher safety ratings and providing ultimate comfort for families, whether going on long hauls or short trips. These are top three SUVs available in the UAE market in 2018 and have advanced safety features abundance.
2018 Renault Koleos – Safety Features of a Car
The 2018 Renault Koleos is a compact SUV available in the Middle East car market with impressive design, features and laced with a number of advanced technologies. The interior of the 2018 Renault Koleos is spacious enough to carry your luggage, and an all-new design makes it look better looking than before. With sharp contours and chrome elements, this compact SUV is a strong contender in the segment. The 2018 Koleos has a bold design and metallic grey exterior has a hint of brown hue which is very unique. It has a telescopic steering rack, bolstered seats and plenty of legroom to provide optimum comfort to the passengers.
Laced with advanced technologies, and the infotainment system, the Renault Koleos 2018 is a perfect family car. Even the safety features of a car like the 2018 Renault Koleos makes it a must buy for people looking to buy a good and safe family car.
The 2018 Renault Koleos comes with a 2.5-litre naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder engine capable of producing 170 horsepower and 233 Nm of torque. It is built on a CMF-CD modular platform and gives an average of 8.3-litres for per 100Km. Also, the engine is mated to a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) gearbox, and this SUV comes with three basic drive modes, that are 2WD, 4WD Lock and 4WD Auto.
Having a powerful engine, beautiful interior and bold exterior, the safety features of a car are an added advantage to make it the best buy. This is the case with the 2018 Renault Koleos, as it comes with a number of advanced safety features making it the best buy for the people looking to buy a safe family car. Some of the notable safety features which come as standard or optional in the 2018 Koleos are;
- Driver and passenger adaptive front airbags
- Front and rear curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Electronic parking brake
- Height Adjustable Headlights
- LED Mirror Indicator Lights
- Front and Rear Fog Lights
- Front Parking Sensors
- Easy Park Assist – parking assistance system
- Automatic ‘walk away’ door locking
- Auto-door lock when driving
- Tyre Pressure Monitor
- ISOFIX child seat fixing points on rear outermost seats
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiter
- Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
- Automatic Engine Stop&Start
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDW)
- ECO Mode
- Forward Collision Warning System (FCW)
Starting Price: AED 74,900
2018 Nissan Kicks
The 2018 Nissan Kicks have replaced a few after its launch but it is totally worth the hype. Having a modern and sporty appeal, this SUV is the latest and most wanted for the young drivers. Having a relatively affordable price tag and packs a punch of power, the 2018 Nissan Kicks is undoubtedly choice of many car buyers in the UAE.
From its design to performance, it has a unique appeal and a joyous character that attracts young car drivers a lot. Having an unorthodox design and safety features of a car that is reliable, the 2018 Kicks rides smoothly on the UAE roads and ensures a safe drive too. The floating roof with 17-inch alloy wheel and a V-motion grille alongside boomerang-shaped headlamps, the 2018 Nissan Kicks has a lot to offer in that price tag. Interior is kept simple yet modern to serve the purpose of looking good and funky. The sporty flat-bottom steering wheel with an uncluttered centre console provides a clean and simple look to the interior. Also, the silver and piano black finishes add a modern look to leather seats.
The 2018 Nissan Kicks houses a 1.6-litre engine that can churn 118 horsepower and 149 Nm of torque. This SUV can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 11.5 seconds and has a fuel average of 13 kilometres per litre of fuel. The D-step CVT transmission along with other performance features like Active Trace Control system, Vehicle Dynamic Control, Active Ride Control, Hill Start Assist and other features add to the better drivability of this SUV.
Along with good performance and funky yet modern looks, the 2018 Nissan Kicks has a plenty of advanced safety features to make it a better choice for buyers. Here are some of the notable safety features of the Nissan Kicks 2018 are;
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with Dual-Stage Supplemental Front Air Bags
- River and Front-Passenger Seat-Mounted Side-Impact Supplemental Air Bags
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- 3-Point ALR/ELR Passenger Seat Belt System
- Automatic Emergency Braking and Forward Collision Warning
- Blind Spot Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Side-Door Guard Beams
- Energy-Absorbing Steering Column
- Latch System (Lower Anchors And Tethers For Children)
- Hood Buckling Creases And Safety Stops
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) With Easy-Fill Tire Alert
Starting Price: AED 79,000
2018 Ford Expedition
Safety features of a car, good looks and its performance make it more desirable to buyers, and the 2018 Ford Expedition is one such SUV that stands true to its definition. This large size SUV is good for adventure trips, have a stunning exterior with aggressive style language and front fascia. Other than safety features of a car, its interior, exterior and performance matter a lot too. Talking about the space in interior and absolute comfort for the passengers, the 2018 Ford Expedition has plenty of space to adjust 8 passengers. It has aggressive styling with an abundance of space and equipped with advanced technologies making your every ride enjoyable.
The Ford Expedition 2018 is powered by a 3.5-Litre EcoBoost V6 engine capable to produce 400 horsepower and 650 Nm of torque which is undoubtedly amazing performance. Moreover, it has a towing capacity of 4,000 kg and making this large SUV a perfect adventure ready vehicle. The fuel-efficiency of the 2018 Ford Expedition is 12.3-litre per 100 Km which is amazing for such a large-size SUV.
Having the best of both worlds, performance and good looks, the safety features of a car like the Ford Expedition 2018 are also impressive like other numbers. With more power and performance, this SUV requires to have a higher level of passenger and driver security as well. The safety and driver assist features of this SUV are meant to provide better control and handling ensuring a safe ride every time. Many of the features come as standard and more advanced safety features of a car can be opted as optional as well. Some of the best-in-class safety features of this car are;
- Blind spot monitoring with cross-traffic alert and trailer tow monitoring
- Rearview camera with backup assist gridlines
- Forward sensing system
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go
- Auto high-beam headlamp
- Lane-keeping assist
- Pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection
- Rain-sensing front wipers
- Enhanced parking assistance with parallel parking,
- 360-degree camera with a split view and front/rear washers
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist
- Enhanced active noise control
Starting Price: AED 173,250